cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

File Vaulting

ptc-2268933
1-Newbie

File Vaulting

I am running Windchill 9.1 M20.

We have not had a system admin in the past, but I know currently we do not have any vaulting setup. I have double checked the properties file. I have read so far that the write-enabled default cache vault is required to create a doc or cad doc. there are no vaulting rules setup, and no revaulting schedules setup. There is a replica root and folder setup for some reason.

My question. What files would be populating the cache vault right now? there are currently 2.5 g in that folder, but nothing writing to it. It is still adding files today.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Is this property (wt.propeties) set to true or false (it's false OTB)?

wt.fv.forceContentToVault

It's set to false

If nothing has been changed since installation, any object created would likely be going directly to the cache vault, for subsequent revaulting, which could include moving to Oracle BLOBs in the Oracle db.

The replica vault is setup out of the box also, although it is likely not being used - it is part of the vaulting framework - usually it does not get touched even it you setup vaulting.

/p

Top Tags