cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Finding Change Notice thru workflow

GregOlson
15-Moonstone

Finding Change Notice thru workflow

Looking for code that I can add to a workflow that will search for CNs that are not at resolved state in the system with the same attribute value as a WTdoc.

Anyone have code they can share? I have reached out to PTC, but they have yet to supply anything relevant and they are starting to push back saying they don't supply complete code....surprising that that is the answer to customers when it comes to something small and simple like this.

Thanks,

Greg

1 REPLY 1

My initial thought would be to create a query spec that searches for all CNs that are not at resolved state - if there are any other states you could filter out it would make the next part much faster. Code for that would look something like this:

QuerySpec spec = new QuerySpec(ChangeOrder2.class);

spec.appendWhere(new SearchCondition(ChangeOrder2.class, "state.state", SearchCondition.NOT_EQUAL, "RESOLVED", false), new int[]{});

QueryResult results = PersistenceHelper.manager.find((StatementSpec)spec);

Once you have the list, you would have to iterate over all of them (keep in mind this could take some time if you have many CNs that are not resolved) and retrieve the SON attributeto compare to your WTDocument.

Getting the SON attribute from the CN would look something like this:

LWCNormalizedObject lwcObj = new LWCNormalizedObject(changeNoticeObject,null,Locale.ENGLISH,null);
lwcObj.load("salesOrderNumber");
String cnSON = (String)lwcObj.get("salesOrderNumber");

You would do something similar to get the attributefor the WTDoc and compare the values.

Top Tags