cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Finding information about calendar delegation - query builder reports

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Finding information about calendar delegation - query builder reports

Had to look up the word you used - found out that I'm one of them also for Windchill 🙂

[cid:image003.jpg@01CF7593.E3D73D50]

Reports are my favorite tool in Windchill - but the documentation / training only scratches the surface. I owe everyone in tech support quite a few favors for coming up with clues over time.

After I retire in a few months, I'm thinking about setting up some type of service related to reports available to all - possibly with a "clearinghouse" of qml files, tutorials, etc.

////
Side note - One of the major areas that we've used reports for is to gather in one place all the scattered administrative configurations in Windchill. Has been a great help. Examples: OIRs, ACLs, Team Templates, Context Teams, Preferences, Profiles - for all these and many more, you cannot see what exists without laboriously going to each context. With Reports you can gather all. Similarly, I've created reports pull elements out of workflow templates - can list all Task instructions, routing choices, etc. in one place and can list all Java code in one place.

Appreciate any comments.
2 REPLIES 2

Mike

I happen to raise excatly the same point about report builder documentation with Jane at PTC just yesterday.

A service for considlating sample reports is a great idea, count me in.

Darren

Mike,

I don't know if you have missed this Idea on the Community

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/4659

Maybe we can use Reporting group to manage all request about reporting and to share what you did?

Marco
Top Tags