cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Flexible version series assignment - possible to alter after check in?

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Flexible version series assignment - possible to alter after check in?

I know that OIR rules are the right method of defining what the right version series is for objects. I've used them in the past for some odd data that did not match our milspec version series that is our standard through the use of soft-types. I have struggled in the past managing customer/subcontractor data that used a different version series that ours. Most of the time we can gloss over differences. The question is, has anyone ever made the version series a choice? Or after creation of the object, altered it to a different series?

I can see a case where there are multiple alternate series available. If we get some data from a custom that does not fit, we can alter that object to shift to the alternate series. I am also looking ahead to future site integrations where those folks might be handling things differently that my site. I think that case would be better served with OIR settings but having the ability to reassign a series would be handy.

1 REPLY 1

Hi @avillanueva 

Iam not sure if it is good idea to change series daily 😄 but you can do that.

I had to change the existing revisions from ABC to 123 . It was not easy as I had though 

I did it directly in database and then I needed to use windchill shell java app

java wt.vc.RevisionLabelCleanser -update

PetrH

Top Tags