cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Forcing Viewing through Creo View not Primary content

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Forcing Viewing through Creo View not Primary content

Does anyone know a configuration or setting where you can block users (perhaps just Guests) from viewing document content from the Primary Content link and directing them to Creo View only?  We want to ensure watermarking is utilized but it the primary content is a PDF or TIFF, the user can simply click on the download icon and get the file from normal file download from the browser.  I know I can disable table views on search to make it harder for the novice user but I much rather direct all viewers to the "open in Creo View" option and this would trigger watermarks, etc.  

I was wondering if taking away "download" rights still allowed Creo View to function where I can load a viewable but they were unable to download primary content directly. Or does disabling download also disable Creo View too?

3 REPLIES 3

For these people, may be able to leave ACL for READ but remove DOWNLOAD. This allows getting a file from Creo View (I think) but not from primary content.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:TomU)

That is somewhat related but not exact. I want them to view and download derived images, just not the primary content directly. Now, Creo view does allow viewing of the primary content for documents in cases where there is not a separate derived image created. I will have to test to see if blocking primary content, also blocks it inside of Creo view.  It should.

Top Tags