cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

GUI fix - multiple vertical table views are terrible

ptc-4678371
1-Newbie

GUI fix - multiple vertical table views are terrible

Last rant for the day. I can't figure out why Windchill table views are so jacked up. Example: In the details tab of the implemention plan (or change task) screeen, the attachments are above the Affected objects, which are above resulting objects table. For some reason the display views default to where I can barely see what is in the resulting objects (example is true for any display of multiple vertical tables on the screen). It should be simple right? Just shrink the affected objects by dragging the table in. Well not really. The display manages to bring the above "don't care" features into view, and leave the resulting objects table near the bottom of the screen.

I'm not sure how you software geeks programmed the display views, but this is some seriously stupid functionality and it just ends up in multiple drags and some serious display manipulation, i.e. serious waste of time, i.e. inefficient. How did this pass beta testing? I cannot see one reason why this would be better user experience Just make the tables open and close normally, just like any other program. I've got a lot of work to do and I don't want to waste my time manipulating screens every time I navigate to a new page.

If you want to spend time making the experience better, then how about there is some algorithm that can tell how I manipulate my table display (column widths, table size) every single time I view them, and then after successive times of similar manipulation, it should just update my default table view settings.

Please and thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Bump.

I agree with you Doug. The Windchill table view adds a lot of waste time manipulating. Also the "Resulting Objects" - that is used a lot (at least for us) is at the bottom of the screen. I have to scroll each time. And no way of moving it up to the top.

. Andreas

Top Tags