cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Get single level BOM report via Infoengine

molnium
1-Newbie

Get single level BOM report via Infoengine

Hi all,

I am just looking at how to get the BOM report out of PDMLink and to the user with minimal effort required for them.

So my idea was to have an infoengine task that is run and given the Object reference of the wtpart. This would display the table or even better get the CSV file of the BOm report.

But then I found out:
* the generate report webject runs a report by its UFID or Name - that works fine - but I didnt find out any way to run the built-in single level BOM report.
Is there any way to do this?

* the alternative would be to use the query tree webject - but that does query the wtpart structure. Now having gathering parts this doesnt help since it seems to me that only the 'real' bom reports handle them properly.

So the question is: is there any way to retrieve a built-in bom report like the single level bom report via Infoengine?

greetings

3 REPLIES 3

Cancel this. We haven't used it and do not intend to.

You can use below "Query-Tree" webject to get the bom

<ie:webject name="Query-Tree" type="OBJ">

<ie:param name="INSTANCE" data="$(@FORM[]supporting-adapter[*])" delim="!" valueseparator="!" default="&lt;%=com.infoengine.au.NamingService.getVMName()%">"/>

<ie:param name="AUTHORIZATION" data="${@SERVER[]authorization[0]}"/">

<ie:param name="ATTRIBUTE" data="wt.part.WTPartUsageLink.quantity"/">

<ie:param name="ATTRIBUTE" data="${@FORM[]att[*]}" delim=";" valueseparator=";" default="*"/">

<ie:param name="DIRECTION" data="${@FORM[]direction[0]}" default="uses"/">

<ie:param name="DEPTH" data="${@FORM[]depth[0]}" default="1"/">

<ie:param name="TYPE" data="${@FORM[]linkclass[0]}" default="wt.part.WTPartUsageLink"/">

<ie:param name="OBJECT_REF" data="${@FORM[]obid[0]}" default="OR:wt.part.WTPart:56225"/">

<ie:param name="MODE" data="FLAT"/">

<ie:param name="OUTPUT_TYPE" data="FULL"/">

<ie:param name="GROUP_OUT" data="${FORM[]group_out[0]}" default="output"/">

</ie:webject>

also you can use attached QML to create SinglelevelBOM report. If you use the QML to cetre report then you can export it as CSV

hope this helps !!

Thanks,

Shreyas

Thanks a lot for the responses!

It turns out the question was not posed exactly right - we can also live with an XML report and then convert this to csv.

There already is an infoengine task that outputs a bom report in XML format out of the box in WBRSingleLevelBOM.xml

On the other hand if using the Query Tree webject, one queries the very structure of the wtparts and does not 'resolve' gathering parts as i found out. Since we use gathering parts i am now looking at the xml file.

greetings

Top Tags