cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Getting useful Change Notice info from Windchill

pnelson
3-Visitor

Getting useful Change Notice info from Windchill

I'd like to compare and track efficiency at the different stages in a Change Notice.  How can I get basic information such as the Date Started and Date Completed for the "Tasks for Change Process" in a Change Notices?   The OOTB reports do not seem to include this. Can the OOTB reports be modified to add this? Do I have to go to the full blown Cognos license to get anything really useful?  Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:pnelson)

Query builder reports can return:

- Time between Change Object states (Object History)

- Time between Tasks associated with Change Objects being delivered (created) and finished (there are Actual Start and Actual Finish fields on Work Items as well)

One can run these for a calendar time period, then get distributions by Role, Product, etc.

It gets a bit complex and possibly misleading if your workflows loop back, and if more than one user needs to Vote to complete an Activity.  But - Fairly understandable and useful results in general.

Reporting on change is infinitely easier if the Task names include a prefix / suffix indicating what object their workflow is tied to (e.g. CNxxx) for the task name on a change notice workflow.

AL_ANDERSON
5-Regular Member

I created a presentation, 20150924 Query Builder Tips and Tricks, that I shared with the Windchill Technical Committee that shows how to make 3 different kinds of change status reports.  One of them includes how to show a pie chart of tasks On Time, or Not On Time based on ECT Need Date.

I"ve attached a copy here as a PDF for your reference.

I also posted the source code for a customization to mass update need dates so you can keep all of your ECTs in line with changes to your MS Project Plan on this same forum.

Regards,

Al Anderson

I uploaded this query a few weeks ago.

Change Notice Report.qml

(I uploaded one for Change Activities as well.)

It doesn't have the exact information you're requesting, but it should be a useful base coupled with Al's presentation. Tech Support helped build this so you could always open a ticket with them. It took a bit of time but was very useful in both getting it running and helping me learn some about how to build reports.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Hi Pete, was the Query Builder information provided helpful in getting you an answer to your question?

Top Tags