cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Handling GIDEP alerts on Parts

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Handling GIDEP alerts on Parts

There are many ways to handle this but what do we feel is best. Anyone dealing with this now? For those who do not know GIDEP alerts are government alerts about components sent out to defense contractors. These could be issues related to performance or counterfeit parts or other. Basically, to respond to one you need to identify the part, where it was used and its impact to your delivered products.  If there is a hold on a part, you want to make sure the part is flagged for new design use until the alert is resolved.  Its this last part that I would like to explore.

Aside from lifecycle states, what would you do to flag a part to make it clear there is a GIDEP alert against it do that users know? I am using SUMA so I can use those status fields ( sometimes these are MFG specific) but would problem reports work?  It can document the alter but seems like its too buried from the main Part pages. You would have to go looking for it. Thoughts?

I can envision some electroshock device tied to the mouse when the part is added to the BOM. 

1 REPLY 1
aacciano3
14-Alexandrite
(To:avillanueva)

Hi Antonio,

How would you intend to set the "status"?

Are you envisioning a process using workflow?

To me this is more an attribute set on a "WTPart/SUMA". You can then change the object icon based on the true/false attribute (like the gathering part and/or the end item attributes).

At that point you have a clear indicator for the users (very visible in a BOM Structure) and you can have business rules enabled in your release process.

Food for thoughts.

Top Tags