cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Has Anyone Used JRebel?

pwilliams-3
11-Garnet

Has Anyone Used JRebel?

Hi All,
10.1 M040. I'm trying to use JRebel so that I don't have to restart Windchill every time I make a code change to one of my .class files. I have gone back and forth with ZeroTurnAround Technical Support but I still can't get it working. I know that JRebel starts with the MS but the MS always hangs during the JDBC connection portion of the startup. If I remove JRebel from the startup then everything starts just fine. I was told that another Windchill customer got it working and I was hoping that they might be able to help me. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image001.jpg@01CE9FF5.EFE4DB80]

2 REPLIES 2

This is what I have in my site.xconf file. I think the key was excluding the com and wt classes, though I didn't get it working here. I include the ...stdout=false to keep logging messages out of the methodserver logs.

<property name="wt.manager.cmd.common.java.extra.args" overridable="true"&lt;br"/> targetFile="codebase/wt.properties"
value="-javaagent:/software/ptc/wc10/Windchill/codebase/jrebel.jar -Drebel.packages_exclude=wt.,com. -Drebel.log.stdout=false"/>

Craig Raymond
Windchill / Web Developer

BAE Systems

Dear Patrick,

You can make none structural changes with just Netbeans or Eclipse by attaching a debugger and applying code. Ok so restarting is still required but given a good machine 16Gb memory, a local DB and 1 MS as a dev box; mine restarts in less 15 seconds.

Simon

Top Tags