cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Having problems with multiple Views of WTParts

doehr
1-Newbie

Having problems with multiple Views of WTParts

Hello PTC Peeps,

We've started using multiple Views of WTParts (namely the Service one via the Service Module) and have already started seeing some issues with their use that I have yet to find solutions for. Two in particular are my current pain points and I'm hoping someone here has seen these and found solutions:

1) LIFECYCLE TEMPLATE AND STATES ON CREATION: Currently Service views of parts are still considered Parts and therefore get the same Lifecycle Template as our standard Design parts. However, instead of starting at the very beginning (leftmost) State of the template newly created Service views seem to start at the state defined by the Revise Transition set on the State of the Design view it was created from. We don't want that, we want them to start from the beginning and I can't modify the Revise transitions of the template based on how our Design views must move through the system. How can I change which State the Service views start at?

2) FILE VIEWS BY ITERATION AND VIEW TYPE: We can't seem to get a particular combination of View filters in the Folders views of contexts for parts. What we want is both the Latest Iteration of the files AND all Views, but everything I've tried so far in customizing the views seems to make these two mutually exclusive. If I have Latest Iteration active it does that to all views combined of a part and only shows the most recently created among both, so we only get either the Service view or the Design view (frequently Service since they're usually created later). The only way I have been able to get both views to show up simultaneously is if I have Latest Iteration not selected so every primary revision of the files is visible, which really bogs up the file lists and makes it difficult for users to find the latest iteration manually.

Any ideas anyone?

Daryl

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

I can suggest one thing on this. You can customize Windchill to have separate lifecycle template for part based on views. I have done some customizations where we provided the flexibility to the users to select (automate) lifecycle template based on Part view. If it's a design view, then Design LIfecycle, if Manufacturing then Manufacturing lifecycle or service lifecycle if the view is service.

I think this will also resolve your View filter also, as you can have view based on Lifecycle template / Lifecycle state.

Let me know if this helps or if you need help in customization for Lifecycle template selection based on part view.

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's a bit overkill. I have been told recently that upgrading to 10.2 M030 should resolve at least some of this, so I'll wait and see what that will do for my issues.

Thanks,

Daryl

Top Tags