cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Help on deprecated Windchill API

Ely_64
4-Participant

Help on deprecated Windchill API

Hello,

I'm working on deprecated API and some on the information on the javadoc is missing.

Could you please tell me how to replace this following deprecated Windchill API :

wt.effectivity.EffectivityHolder

wt.prefs.PreferenceHelper

wt.prefs.WTPreferences

Kind regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Agree with @HelesicPetr, the JavaDoc is missing a lot of information on classes and API. I can tell that in 11.1, WTPreference is marked deprecated but the information is still listed. PTC can remove that at any time in future versions but if it exists at all, likely that it is untouched and an older API write up still applies. Check it with your IDE to be sure. My first step on upgrading versions is to look for these things but I find PTC rarely removes them. WTPreference is still documented in the Customizer's guide of 12.0.2.0 if that tells you anything.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II
(To:Ely_64)

Hello @Ely_64 

Good question. I would contact directly PTC support to get an answer. 

I use deprecated API a lot with PTC products. If the method is removed in new version I usually find another way how to replace the removed function but it does not happen very often.

PetrH 

Agree with @HelesicPetr, the JavaDoc is missing a lot of information on classes and API. I can tell that in 11.1, WTPreference is marked deprecated but the information is still listed. PTC can remove that at any time in future versions but if it exists at all, likely that it is untouched and an older API write up still applies. Check it with your IDE to be sure. My first step on upgrading versions is to look for these things but I find PTC rarely removes them. WTPreference is still documented in the Customizer's guide of 12.0.2.0 if that tells you anything.

Ely_64
4-Participant
(To:avillanueva)

Thanks a lot for your answers ! @HelesicPetr @avillanueva 

Elea

Top Tags