cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Help required in Folder Access Permissions

AmarKarthi_Aras
2-Guest

Help required in Folder Access Permissions

Hi,

I'm working on Windchill 10.1 M030 PDM Essentials instance.

My requirement is I have Multiple Folder structure into my Folders in the product and I want my viewer group to see only particular folder and sub folders that are available from the entire list. (refere my attachment where you would be able to see 10 Folders and I want my people in the user group to see only some 2 folders).

What I had been trying to do is:

> I tried creating a new policy rule for Folders in the specific product context and set it to Deny for the Viewer group - But after doing so even if I allot Read permission in the security access of the specific by doing "Right Click - Manage Security" for the specific group/a user - It didn't work.

Can someone suggest me what is the best way to do this?

I'm ready for doing a screen share at a convenient time too..

regards,

Amarkarthi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok Great. What you can do now is turn on the preference "Display Folder Domains" for your product from Product->Utilities under security category. You can then uncheck the Inherit domain from parent and then find the appropriate domain to which you want to assign the desired permissions. This way you will have to just update the permissions in the domain in policy admin and the same will be applied to the respective folders.

Regards

~Syed

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I havent worked on PDM essentials. But have you tried creating domains in policy admin and mapping the appropriate folders to these domains. You can then define the access based on the domains.

Hope that helps.

Regards
~Syed

Hi Syed,

Yes I had created domains and when I try adding in Policy rule in Policy admin I don't see all these folders listed - except the general context name of the product.

Can you please look into the attached screenshot and help me..

Amar.Capture.JPG

Ok Great. What you can do now is turn on the preference "Display Folder Domains" for your product from Product->Utilities under security category. You can then uncheck the Inherit domain from parent and then find the appropriate domain to which you want to assign the desired permissions. This way you will have to just update the permissions in the domain in policy admin and the same will be applied to the respective folders.

Regards

~Syed

Thanks Syed..

It worked!!

Top Tags