cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How Do You Handle Item Removal From Change Tasks Resulting Objects

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

How Do You Handle Item Removal From Change Tasks Resulting Objects

I was wondering how other companies handle when users remove an object from the resulting object and do not let an admin know so they can do clean up work.  Usually the object has been revised and the change was cancelled and it needs to be deleted.  Other than relying on the user to let you know, how are you figuring this out?

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @BrianToussaint 

Our customers do it manually. 

Remove from Change objects,

Delete latest revision. 

There is good point that this is very time consuming work and many users don't do the deletion of the latest revision.

They let the latest revision in the system and plan to use them in a next change.

PetrH

Hello @HelesicPetr 

The problem comes in when the user doesn't have delete permissions and doesn't notify an admin.  I currently have a search set up to find the orphans but that is manual at best.  I am hoping that someone has a better method. 🙂

Brian

Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:BrianToussaint)

Theoretically we can create a listener on event <*/wt.fc.PersistenceManagerEvent/UPDATE> for class wt.change2.WTChangeActivity2 , and then do the cleaning , if needed  

2023-12-03 19:25:48,336 INFO [ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8010-exec-1] wt.events.dispatcher.eventsInfo wcadmin - SERVICE_EVENT_TRACE EventDispatcher: Dispatching Event - Key: <*/wt.fc.PersistenceManagerEvent/UPDATE>
Event Target[0] TypeIdentifier: WCTYPE|wt.change2.WTChangeActivity2
Classname: wt.change2.WTChangeActivity2

Fede
Top Tags