cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How and why I should use WinDU / WinRU?

Andrewdelk
1-Newbie

How and why I should use WinDU / WinRU?

Hello everyone,

I would like to know How and why to use WinDU and WinRU?  I understand you would want to use it before an upgrade, but how about monthly maintenance?  I would think that it does a great job of scanning the system and looking for issues. I looked for some decent how-to's but didn't find any.  Using it is not rocket science at all.  What I really am after here is a good explanation of the use cases and then after it is ran do I then execute WinRU?  Do I run it on each node of the instance if it is a clustered install or is it ran once for the whole system?

Thanks for the response in advance,

Andy Delk

Hello, Andy,

In case you haven't seen it, there is PTC documentation available for both WinDU and WinRU.  The Windchill Diagnostic Utility Guide describes how to use WindDU and provides reference information for each available task. The list of tasks also specifies when it is necessary to run WinRU.

In addition, there is an administrative checklist available in the EDC technical brief entitled Best Practice Activities for Windchill System Monitoring and Maintenance; it recommends running WinDU as a monthly or quarterly task.

Perhaps you're already familiar with this documentation and didn't find it sufficient; if that is the case, please let me know what we could do to make it more helpful.

Thanks,

Jane

Jane Zupfer
VP, Windchill Publications
T 763.957.8299  

E -

This document was generated from the following discussion: How and why I should use WinDU / WinRU?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags