cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Pro/INTRALINK Oracle installation failure

MikeFoster
2-Guest

Pro/INTRALINK Oracle installation failure

All,

I am getting an install failure during the install of Pro/INTRALINK Oracle (9.1-M060) on our test server. This same install worked fine last year when I performed it on our production server.
The server OS (Server 2008) is the same, the install media is the same, and the install procedure is the same.

I suspect it has something to do with differences in Windows Security Policies, Antivirus, or Windows updates but so far neither we nor PTC Support have been able to resolve it.

There is an error in the opatch2012-09-24_12-25-12PM.log file (see excerpts below) but the trail seems to go cold from there, neither we nor PTC can find any other clues:

* No Windows events (Application, System, or Security) were recorded at the time of failure.

* Antivirus logs (McAffee) show no actions being taken.

I have tried the install four times now variously with McAfee not installed and with certain UAC Security Policies disabled all with exactly the same result.

It seems like Oracle has been only partially installed since I can't log into it but I do get a prompt.

Below is more info from the logs and the error message.

Thanks,

Mike Foster
ATK

The following error is displayed by the installer during the "Installing Pro/INTRALINK Oracle..." phase of the install:
Installation is Aborting.
The following logs contain information that may be useful for diagnosing installation problems.
Please include them in your support requests.
C:\ptc\Windchill_9.1\osa\installer\logs\OSA_PtcInstall.log
C:\ptc\Windchill_9.1\osa\installer\logs\OSA_InstallLog.xml

Here are the pertinent contents from the C:\ptc\Windchill_9.1\osa\installer\logs\OSA_PtcInstall.log referred to in the above:
9/24/12 12:28:29 PM: Setting variable WC.validationFailed=null.
String folderPath = C:\ptc\Windchill_9.1\osa\oraprod\cfgtoollogs\opatch
OSA.oracle.install.logdir = C:\ptc\Windchill_9.1\osa\oraprod\cfgtoollogs\opatch
OSA found error at line 61 in file C:\ptc\Windchill_9.1\osa\oraprod\cfgtoollogs\opatch\opatch2012-09-24_12-25-12PM.log
Unsuccessful message was found.
Installation may have Failed!!!
Please examine oracle installation log for details
OSA Installer Failed because it found error in log file C:\ptc\Windchill_9.1\osa\oraprod\cfgtoollogs\opatch\opatch2012-09-24_12-25-12PM.log
9/24/12 12:28:29 PM: ERROR: OSA installer found error in log files, installation will terminate.
9/24/12 12:28:29 PM: Exiting with return code -1
Installation Aborting
The following logs contain information that may be useful for diagnosing installation problems. Shutdown the installer before opening these logs to ensure that they are up to date and include them in your support requests.
- C:\ptc\Windchill_9.1\osa\installer\logs\OSA_PtcInstall.log
- C:\ptc\Windchill_9.1\osa\installer\logs\OSA_InstallLog.xml
ERROR: OSA installer found error in log files, installation will terminate.

And below is the error in the "C:\ptc\Windchill_9.1\osa\oraprod\cfgtoollogs\opatch\opatch2012-09-24_12-25-12PM.log" file from the above log:
INFO:
OPatch will now configure the Oracle Configuration Manager in the Oracle Home.
INFO:
Invoking "cmd /C "C:\ptc\Windchill_9.1\osa\oraprod\ccr\bin\setupCCR.exe -R C:\ptc\Windchill_9.1\osa\response\ocm.rsp -S OPatch -V 11.1.0.6.5" under "C:\ptc\Windchill_9.1\osa\oraprod\ccr\bin"
INFO:
** Installing base package **
Deploying core - Version 10.3.0.1.0
** Registering installation with Oracle Configuration Manager server(s) **
Failure in registering with Oracle Configuration Manager server
Error connecting to server.
peer not authenticated
INFO:
INFO:
OPatch has successfully configured Oracle Configuration Manager in the Oracle Home.
Please refer log file for details.
INFO:
OPatch failed to configure Oracle Configuration Manager in the Oracle Home. Please refer log file
for details.
INFO:
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags