cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How can I create a variant(part) from a Variant Specification?

ptc-4677956
1-Newbie

How can I create a variant(part) from a Variant Specification?

HI,

I need to create a variant of a configurable part according to the variant specification that I have created.

I looked up into the Windchill 10.1 guides..But found only the option for Request Deliverables.There were no steps to create the variant actually.

Kindly help.

Thanks and Regards,

Sandip Sharma

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisWatson
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4677956)

The variant is considered to be a deliverable of the Variant Spec - so if you request deliverables you will get the variant.

Hi,

Thanks for your help.I tried implementing that option.But somehow I am not able to get the required result.

Is there any guide on how to resolve this issue?What can I do to rectify this?

Thanks and regards,

Sandip

(Given in windchill Help...under Developing Advanced Selection Logic for Configurable Modules)Advanced selection logic uses parameters and constraints to help the user define customizable aspects of the configurable module during the part configuration process. The resulting user inputs are captured in a variant specification. Based on the variant specification, Windchill can generate a variant part (also referred to as a deliverable). During the variant generation process, the system searches for existing parts that meet the selections captured in the variant specification, and includes them in the variant product structure.

How is this done?

Thanks and regards,

Sandip

Top Tags