cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How do I delete all associated objects when I delete a file?

CHASEONHO
18-Opal

How do I delete all associated objects when I delete a file?

An error occurs when deleting a specific object.
Associated with change request object ... or associated with promotion object ...
The Retry option does not have an option called Retry after Deleting associated Object.
If I delete an object associated with a change request, do I have to manually delete the change request object and then delete the object again?
Can not delete with associated objects at once?
any other suggestions?
thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:CHASEONHO)

You will need to work backwards to delete objects in Windchill.

If it is referenced by a change request or promotion request, delete those first.

Next to delete is the drawing file, then any assemblies that reference the part.

Finally you may delete the part object.

HOWEVER

The files must not be in any workspaces.

If you have checked in any assembly or drawing, every iteration must be deleted, working from the latest.

Windchill does not want you to delete objects so to do so is very complex and must be done in a strict order.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jason27
12-Amethyst

There are many references among associated objects, it is not easy to delete associated objects at once.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You will need to work backwards to delete objects in Windchill.

If it is referenced by a change request or promotion request, delete those first.

Next to delete is the drawing file, then any assemblies that reference the part.

Finally you may delete the part object.

HOWEVER

The files must not be in any workspaces.

If you have checked in any assembly or drawing, every iteration must be deleted, working from the latest.

Windchill does not want you to delete objects so to do so is very complex and must be done in a strict order.

really thank you~!!

Top Tags