cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How do I load a previous version drawing and assembly into workspace?

BenitoRuiz
4-Participant

How do I load a previous version drawing and assembly into workspace?

Good afternoon:

Can anyone guide me to how I can load a previous version drawing and corresponding assembly model into workspace?

I know how to look at the history tab in the drawing information but I don't know how to open it in Creo.

When ever I try to open a previous version, the drawing updates with the latest part models.

I need the models at the version where the drawing assembly was saved, not the latest.

Creo 2.0 (M090) and Windchill PDM Essentials 10.2 (M010).

Thank you.

~Benito.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenitoRuiz)

You need to add the drawing and related models to your workspace "as stored".

1. View history of object.
  2. Select desired version.
  3. Now viewing the desired version, choose "add to workspace".
  4. On the add to workspace screen, pick the drop down to change the config spec. to "as stored".
  5. Make sure Dependents is set to "required".
  6. Choose okay to add the items to your workspace.

You will now have the original (out of date) items used for that version of the drawing in your workspace.

10.PNG

11.PNG

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You need to do an advanced search and set it to As Saved for the drawing iteration you need, then load that.

Another method is to load the assembly version used by that drawing, using as saved, then load the drawing.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

You need to add the drawing and related models to your workspace "as stored".

1. View history of object.
  2. Select desired version.
  3. Now viewing the desired version, choose "add to workspace".
  4. On the add to workspace screen, pick the drop down to change the config spec. to "as stored".
  5. Make sure Dependents is set to "required".
  6. Choose okay to add the items to your workspace.

You will now have the original (out of date) items used for that version of the drawing in your workspace.

10.PNG

11.PNG

BenitoRuiz
4-Participant

Thank you very much Tom.

Your detailed solution did the trick.

~Benito.

Hi,

Taking As Stored for any previouse version still adds the latest drw/asm to Workspace, please advise why such can happen?

I'm getting this same issue.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Milender20)

Can you describe the exact steps you're taking in a little more detail?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Milender20)

The key is to use advanced search and when you do a download to workspace, use As Stored.

Do NOT try to open the drawing or assembly in Creo as this will bring the latest by default.

Also, use a clean workspace in a new session of Creo to avoid any other iterations or versions of the files you want loaded from the As Stored configuration.

If this still fails to get what you want, you may have to download the exact version of the files you want into your workspace before opening them in Creo.

Step 1:  How do view the history of the object?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:yardsail)

Go to the information page of the object in Windchill.

One of the tabs is History, 5th from the left, unless your system admin has modified the menu structure.

This will list the dates and times that every revision and iteration has been checked-in to commonspace.

Top Tags