cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How do I re-number CAD files while importing

mrossman
3-Visitor

How do I re-number CAD files while importing

I have several folders of CAD data I would like to import from different sources, and there are different file with the same part number. To avoid conflicts, I would like to be able to simply re-number all files as I import them. Is there a way to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
dkessler
5-Regular Member
(To:mrossman)

Hey Mark, did you get an anwer to this question?

I have a dozen folders of Pro/E parts and assemblies files. My boss wants me to simply "import" automatically the files into Windchill so we can browse them. I can not figure out how to do this. I can open one at a time and save them, but don't know how to automate this process. I'm a Com Sci guy running the server and Oracle database, not an Engineer who uses Creo with Windchill. Can you point me to any "importing into Windchill for dummies" documents?

Hi ,

For this you need to do coding using Pro/E API .You can find info in Pro/E customization Guide. There are again two ways to do this Synchronous and asyncro. Choose which ever is fissible for you.

1. Create file (for example mapping.txt) like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<userSettings>

<mappingRules>

<COPY_AS>

<tag>number</tag>

<value>0000*</value>

<newValue>plm_0000*</newValue>

</COPY_AS>

</mappingRules>

</userSettings>

2. Select this file in import manager (file of the import rules).

3. Import

Top Tags