cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How do I set a soft type change task to a custom task workflow?

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

How do I set a soft type change task to a custom task workflow?

Currently I have one soft type change task that I have been using for over a year and it is set to a a custom task workflow. I have created another soft type change task and new custom task workflow. We will call them CCT2 and CCW2. The originals are called CCT1 and CCW1. From the change notice, when I create my task, I can choose either CCT1 or CCT2. No matter which one I choose, I get CCW1 for my process workflow. How do I get CCT2 to use CCW2 workflow? I copied CCW2 from CCW1 and modified the flow for a shortened version of CCW1.

I'm using Windchill 10.1.

Thanks for any help.

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The "glue" is as follows:

- The Type exists and is instantiable

- The OIR for that Type specifies a lifecycle to be assigned to it on creation; the OIR is enabled

- That lifecycle is mapped to a workflow template to be instantiated when the new object lands on that state (generally the first state)

There is a decision to be made at what level to do all these. We generally leave all at Site alone and create all this stuff at Org level, with different names from those at Site level

If the OIR specifies a folder below /Default, that folder must exist in the current contextIf the OIR specifies a folder below /Default, that folder must exist in the current context

Note: If the OIR specifies a folder below /Default, then it must exist in the context in which the type is being created. The error message doesn't really tell you what is wrong.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The "glue" is as follows:

- The Type exists and is instantiable

- The OIR for that Type specifies a lifecycle to be assigned to it on creation; the OIR is enabled

- That lifecycle is mapped to a workflow template to be instantiated when the new object lands on that state (generally the first state)

There is a decision to be made at what level to do all these. We generally leave all at Site alone and create all this stuff at Org level, with different names from those at Site level

If the OIR specifies a folder below /Default, that folder must exist in the current contextIf the OIR specifies a folder below /Default, that folder must exist in the current context

Note: If the OIR specifies a folder below /Default, then it must exist in the context in which the type is being created. The error message doesn't really tell you what is wrong.

Mike,

Thanks for the insight. I had forgotten that the lifecycle mapped to the workflow. Guess I will need to create a lifecycle state for each workflow.

Thanks!!!

Top Tags