cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How do make a user a workflow administrator or the right to create templates?

tjerome
9-Granite

How do make a user a workflow administrator or the right to create templates?

I created a Product in my production server that separated from the rest of the other products. I have set up a Team and given them access restrictions so that they don't mess up or go into the other product folders. The problem is, I am trying to grant one user the ability to create workflows and templates but he cannot see them. I tried following the procedure in CD33694 "How to grant permission to user to be a workflow administrator in Windchill PDMLink"   (https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS33694&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=how%20to%20grant%20a%20user%20wor…)

but there is no "Prinicipal Administrator" present under site/utilities view when I am logged in as Site and Org Admin.

There is a foot note saying, "It will be necessary for the user to have access to the Utilities menu such that they can access the workflow templates. At a minimum, the user would need to be in a context management role (product / library manager)"  can someone point me in the right direction how to do that without giving them access to the whole product workflows and templates for the entire site please?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:tjerome)

Unless you add them to the Site or Org Workflow Admin Group, then the only choice is to make them Manager of the Product - which full access to all product data.  The only real way to address is to assign two accounts.to the user, and have one of them be able to manipulate workflow templates but not do any real work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Unless you add them to the Site or Org Workflow Admin Group, then the only choice is to make them Manager of the Product - which full access to all product data.  The only real way to address is to assign two accounts.to the user, and have one of them be able to manipulate workflow templates but not do any real work.

How do I make them the Product Manager? THat would be fine.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

As Site or Org admin, or as existing Manager of the Product, browse to the Context, then Team.  Select Add User to Manager Role.

bsindelar
6-Contributor

Hi Tim,

May I ask as to the business case for a "Product/Library specific" workflow template?  While that is 100% supported in PTC, in my personal experience I have yet to work with a Windchill system where Product/Library specific workflows were created, as all Windchill systems I've worked with have object-to-object relationships that cross Product/Library contexts by design (CAD/WTPart assemblies, affected/resulting items of change objects, etc).

Just curious - thank you.

Top Tags