cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How do you format the version string?

MattiasT
1-Newbie

How do you format the version string?

Hi,

I would like to get some hints or help with how I can format the version string depending on the lifecycle the document is in.

The document lifecycle state can either be in "In Work" or "Released" state and depending on this state I would like the version string in the document to be like the table below.

LifeCycleStateVersion
In WorkA.4
Released A

I was figuring it would be easy to just to reformat the version string checking out the document to word by creating a soft attribute with a formula checking the condition of the lifeCycleState but I don't get it to work. The attribute formula that I have used look like this but result in a false statement when the state are known to be "In Work":

formula: lifeCycleState == "In Work" ? versionId : revision

Looking forward getting your ideas and hopefully a solution on my problem.

BR,

Mattias

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It sounds like you need a custom data utility. I think the one you want to change is

codebase/netmarkets/jsp/document/attributes.jsp

Use something besides "version."

Create a data utility that extends whatever data utility ptc uses for "version"

com/ptc/windchill/enterprise/enterprise.dataUtilities.properties

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:MattiasT)

I have the fact that it's called "Version" in Windchill. This makes complete sense for software as a product, but everyone involved in manufacturing everywhere refers always to "Rev B" or "Rev F" etc. It's necessary to clearly pull out just the Revision from Windchill for a wide variety of uses.

We haven't found any way to any of the Windchill GUI's to display just Revision with Iteration (e.g display B instead of B.4). But - On all Reports, one can do just this.

Make sure that you set up drawing formats to display only the Revision, not the full Version (B vs B.4).

It sounds like you need a custom data utility. I think the one you want to change is

codebase/netmarkets/jsp/document/attributes.jsp

Use something besides "version."

Create a data utility that extends whatever data utility ptc uses for "version"

com/ptc/windchill/enterprise/enterprise.dataUtilities.properties

Hi Matthew,

After going through the customization guide and the part about Data Utility it sounds like this is the answer I need to show either the Revision or full Version depending on the lifeCycleState. Thanks for your respons and I will look into it in more details and see if I can get it to work.

BR,

Mattias

Announcements

Top Tags