cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How do you relate Technical Data Package (TDP) to Part (Material) in SAP?

Casey_Swain
12-Amethyst

How do you relate Technical Data Package (TDP) to Part (Material) in SAP?

We use Technical Data Packages (TDP) in Windchill to collect all the required information about a part into one revision controlled object that we approve for a purpose, i.e. as a purchase specification to send to a supplier.  We would like to use ESI to publish the TDP to SAP and link it as a document, so that procurement can pull this into the SAP Purchasing Object (RFQ/PR/PO), and the supplier and receiving inspection, etc. are all on the same page about the relevant specs for the order.  However, ESI does not, as far as I can tell, have the ability to publish a TDP based on their links to a part (e.g. to originally selected objects, i.e. the part we're publishing). 

Has anyone implemented similar functionality, and if so, how did you go about it?

We're considering putting a robot on the TDP approval routing that will create/revise a document that we can link to the part or enterprise data.  This document would have the same number and revision as the TDP with URL content linking to the TDP info page.  We would then publish this document when we published the part.

Any better ideas?

Thanks,

Casey

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags