cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How exactly value is generated for Ida2a2 column in EPMDocumentMaster table

ptc-1011665
4-Participant

How exactly value is generated for Ida2a2 column in EPMDocumentMaster table

Hi Friends,

Need to understand how value is generated fir Ida2a2 column in EPMDocumentMaster.  Observed that it is not an identity column.  Is it normal max+1 serial number filling or any other logic exists?

Windchill database is hosted on SQL Server.

We are trying to repair windchill database which got corrupted due to disk failure.

Please share info if anyone is aware of the logic.

Regards,

Hema

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is used for everythink

Odesláno z iPhonu

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Oh man... for any Database issues, I'd recommend you open a call with PTC for their support. Direct database edits (without their involvement) are typically not supported. 

Hi Joe,

Agree with you.  PTC has suggested for backup restoration.  But ours is an extremely unfortunate case of backup failure.   We do not have decent backup for restoring.

Corrupt database has been recovered using recovery tool.  But application is throwing ava runtime errors while accessing.  We understood that the errors are because of some missing records, which we are trying to build.

Our vault is intact, and we were able to get list of orphaned files for which we are trying to create EPMDocumentMaster records.

Any suggestion?

Regards,

Hema

Hi @ptc-1011665 

The ida2A2 value for EPMDocument is generated by id_sequence in database. In this table are the numbers that are used for ida2A2. 

The numbers are cached so in my case I can find only each next one hundred value. 

I'm not sure if this can help you to restore the EPM rows.

HelesicPetr_0-1671524856499.png

last EPMDocument row

HelesicPetr_1-1671525008122.png

The information I found in follwoing article : CS367634

PetrH

The article talks about wtpart.  Does the same holds good for epmdocument as well??

It is used for everythink

Odesláno z iPhonu
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:ptc-1011665)

@ptc-1011665 , send us an update when things are back and running. I think it would be useful for others to learn about what failed with your backup strategy.

Announcements

Top Tags