cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to Access Veriables In a JSP page ForEach Loop?

breed
4-Participant

How to Access Veriables In a JSP page ForEach Loop?

I will post some code below that works for me. However I would like to replace the 'testing' strings with a variable passed to the for each loop from the epmdocument group. I cannot figure out the syntax for doing this. If I place <ie:getValue name="CADName"/> where the variable is then I get an error when I execute. I am assuming I am supposed to do something like ${CADName} but, I am not sure how to reference that value?

<ie:webject name="Search-Objects" type="OBJ">

<ie:param name="INSTANCE" data="com.jbtc.net.mad1wc-prod01.Windchill"/>

<ie:param name="TYPE" data="wt.epm.EPMDocument"/>

<ie:param name="VERSION" data="LATEST"/>

<ie:param name="ITERATION" data="LATEST"/>

<ie:param name="WHERE" data="<%=where%>"/>

<ie:param name="WHERE" data="(state.state='Released')" />

<ie:param name="ATTRIBUTE" data="CADName,name,state.state,versionInfo.identifier.versionId,obid" delim=","/>

<ie:param name="GROUP_OUT" data="epmdocument"/>

</ie:webject>

<ie:forEach groupIn="epmdocument" groupOut="row">

<c:choose>

<c:when test="${'testing123' == 'testing123'}">

<p> This is output to HTML page if CADName is testing123</p>

</c:when>

<c:otherwise>

<p> Fail </p>

</c:otherwise>

</c:choose>

<p class=<ie:getValue name="CADName"/>><ie:getValue name="CADName"/> This code works I get the variable back</p>

</ie:forEach>

1 REPLY 1

Hello breed,

Did you ever get this working?

I would suggest a couple things, First, make sure you have referenced the correct symbol library to use the "forEach" and "choose" symbols.

<%@taglib uri="/com/infoengine/tlds/iejstl.tld" prefix="c"%>

This will require that you are using a task and not jsp.

Secondly, when using the forEach to get to a value in the group, use the specific instance name you have given, "row".

<c:when test="${row[]cadName[] == 'testing123'}">

Hope that helps you or anyone else stumbling across this years later, like I did.

Top Tags