cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to Configure SMTP of gmail service using SSL/TLS properties?

maheshkumar
1-Newbie

How to Configure SMTP of gmail service using SSL/TLS properties?

Hi Gurus,

I am refering to the below thread in the forum, but i didnt get complete solution.

Some please share the steps and Properties to be configured in wt.properties file for Configuration of SSL/TLS.

I am using WIndchill 10.2 M030 CPS-05.

Thanks

Mahesh Kumar

Message was edited by: Mahesh Kumar G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Apart from the regular configuration for email, please set  wt.mail.smtp.starttls.enable=true,  wt.mail.smtp.starttls.required=true and wt.mail.smtp.ssl.trust=FQDNof mail host. Also import the certifcate of the mail server in to the jvm of windchill using the keytool

Thank you

Binesh

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Apart from the regular configuration for email, please set  wt.mail.smtp.starttls.enable=true,  wt.mail.smtp.starttls.required=true and wt.mail.smtp.ssl.trust=FQDNof mail host. Also import the certifcate of the mail server in to the jvm of windchill using the keytool

Thank you

Binesh

Hi Binesh,

Thanks for your reply, The FQDN of Windchill & FQDN of Email should be same?.

In my case both are different, Is it possible to send mail notification.

I am not yet configured SSL to Windchill, However i am trying to connect without using SSL, The mail services using Google service and service provider giving SMTP host name as smtp-relay.gmail.com as FQDN host name and It doesnt required any authentication it seems.

Can you please suggest is there any way to enable email notification

Regards,

Mahesh Kumar G

If you are using smtp-relay.gmail.com, then SSL/TLS is optional. It is open through port 25 and your organization's IP address provides authentication.You don't need to use SMTP username or password.

If you decide to go by TLS, then you can provide smtp-relay.gmail.com as trusted host. Obtain an smtp certificate from gmail apps.

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Thank you for quick reply,

The Domain name of Windchill is different from mail domain name, Windchill would send mail notification?  or i need to change the Windchill Domain same as Email Domain Name.

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh Kumar

After changing the Wt.properties and sending a email page below error coming,

INFO : wt.system.out *wcadmin* - EMailMessage message submission failed

INFO : wt.system.out *wcadmin* - EMailMessage Can't send command to SMTP host

Regards,

Mahesh Kumar

which port are you trying to connect to ? are you using TLS?

I am trying to connect to Port 25

If you are using 25 then you should not be using any of TLS related parameters. If it does not use any authentication, then it might be configured to trust all the emails submitted through your company's ISP gateway

Top Tags