cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to Post-Publish a PDF File when CAD Worker is configured for HPGL

tdraper
1-Newbie

How to Post-Publish a PDF File when CAD Worker is configured for HPGL

I am trying to create a Windchill Publish Rule that will publish a Creo drawing as a PDF file within a WTDocument. The problem is that our default viewables in windchill are HPGL, our CAD worker recipe is to to HPGL and we do not want to change this. So I am finding that even though my publisher rule states output="pdf" I am still getting a .plt file. Here is my rule:-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<rules evaluate-rules-on-republish="true" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.ptc.com PublishRulesSchema.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://www.ptc.com">

<authoring-application name="PROE">

<param-set name="Share with WTDocument">

<post-publish name="delegate">com.ptc.wvs.server.publish.DefaultPostPublishDelegate</post-publish>

<post-publish name="name">{AUTHORING_APP}-{EPM_NUMBER}</post-publish>

<post-publish name="published-content-link">create</post-publish>

<post-publish name="folder">Drawings</post-publish>

</param-set>

<publish on="checkin" output="pdf" param-set="Share with WTDocument"/>

<publish on="create-representation" output="pdf" param-set="Share with WTDocument"/>

<publish on="schedule" output="pdf" param-set="Share with WTDocument"/>

<publish on="manual-post" output="pdf" param-set="Share with WTDocument"/>

</authoring-application>

</rules>

I have been able to get a pdf file using additional-files in the rule, but in this case, my WTDocument has a zip file document containing a .plt file and a .pdf file. Again, this is not my desired result, I just want a pdf file on the WTDocument.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:tdraper)

I think you need to create an additional PDF file and then use the "AdditionalFilesPostPublishDelegate". From the documentation:

Once publishing is complete and a representation is stored, the AdditionalFilesPostPublishDelegate copies the content (additional files) of the representation to a WTDocument. This is done to give enterprise control and visibility of the published content separately from the CAD Document structure, while maintaining a record of the association through a PublishedContentLink. Also, the additional files may be deleted from the original representation using the delete-original <post-publish> parameter.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:tdraper)

I think you need to create an additional PDF file and then use the "AdditionalFilesPostPublishDelegate". From the documentation:

Once publishing is complete and a representation is stored, the AdditionalFilesPostPublishDelegate copies the content (additional files) of the representation to a WTDocument. This is done to give enterprise control and visibility of the published content separately from the CAD Document structure, while maintaining a record of the association through a PublishedContentLink. Also, the additional files may be deleted from the original representation using the delete-original <post-publish> parameter.

tdraper
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

Thanks Tom.

I've just taken a look and it is exactly what I want, unfortunately it's a new addition to 10.2 and we are still on 10.1.

It does answer my question though, and also proves that there is no easy way to do it in 10.1.

Many thanks.

Tim

Top Tags