cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to access old iteration saves?

pnichols
1-Newbie

How to access old iteration saves?

Can I open an old save iteration of a part in windchill? I have just been saving my part into my workspace, haven't checked anything in yet.

I used to save everything on my harddrive, and it would save newer versions like "part.prt.3". If i screwed up iteration 3, I could just delete the *.3 file in windows explorer and Creo would open the *.2 iteration. Now in Windchill, i can't see the old iterations, and it always says *.1 in the creo window title when i have a part opened. Is there any way to go back to an old save? Is creo saving the file on my local machine before it sends it to the EPDM server?

Thanks,

Phil

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Phil,

What version of Windchill are you using? Some of these features are in 10.1 (possibly in 10.0, I am not certain). If you open the Workspace in the Creo embedded browser, at the very top it should say Primary Active Workspace: {some workspace name}, and then "-Pick an Action-". From there you can choose to apply a previous frame.

Even then, it needed to have been enabled. By default it is not, so you might still be out of luck.

For more information I would suggest searching "About Workspace Frames" in the Windchill Help Center.

Micah

Using version 9.1. I don't see any options for using a previous frame or how to set up frames, even after reading the help file about workspace frames.

I also looked into the cache stored on my machine, but it has no .prt files.

Nope, not available in 9.1, which is why I was hoping you were on 10 or 10.1.

You will not find prt, asm, or drw extensions in the cache. They are hashed names. The extensions will simply tell you if it is a local only file (never been checked in), or a server file.

If you search the forums there is a tool that will give you the details on the cache files, but I wouldn't recommend using that as part of your daily process. Short term, until you upgrade to a later version, I would say do a check in if you think you want to roll backwards.

Hello

Frames are available in 9.1, but if I remember only since M060 ...

Have a lokk in User preferences:

WorkgroupManager Client / Workspace Frame Stack Size / Creo

default is 0, so frames are disable. put the value you want to be able to "undo"

Once set, in your Workspace, in the action menu / Event management.

You will be able to click on last saved objects and go back to a previsous state ...

regards

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:GregoryPERASSO)

We're on 9.1 M050 and frames work fine.

pnichols
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

Can't seem to find user preferences. I found workspace preferences, but it says nothing about frames.

After talking to a coworker, he says I should have been checking in each iteration I wanted a history of. This will give me access to every old iteration if needed. Unfortunately, I haven't done that with many of my parts yet because of a few naming issues. I will be getting everything checked in now...

Yes, they are in 9.1. I totally blew that one. Thanks for the correction.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:pnichols)

Workspace frames are available when using at least Windchill 9.1 and Wildfire 4.0 or later. The preference already mentioned is found in the Preference Manager under Windchill Workgroup Manager > Client. If you set the preference, Pro/E will need to be restarted for the change to take effect.

Information about the preference can be found here: https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS42274

7-19-2013+12-48-00+PM.png

Top Tags