cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to add new column in "My Task" table with my iba attribute?

AntonBagryanov
3-Visitor

How to add new column in "My Task" table with my iba attribute?

Hi to all!

I have created my own iba attribute and want to display it in the column of "My Task" table. But in the view constructor I have no my attribute.

How can I do it?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anton,

I recently got this working with an alias attribute in Windchill 10.2 (M030) as described in http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=OrgAdminChp_BestPracticeDisplayAliasAttrOnMyTaskTable…

for exactly the

I tried adding the alias attribute to our system before upgrading from 10.1 - In there the attribute then was visible on the Task info page but wasn't available in the My Tasks table configuration before after upgrading to 10.2. So make sure you are on 10.2 - not not sure if it's in all MOR's.

I think the limitation with not being able to add attributes directly to the Task/workitem does make some sense.  Because this object is more less transient and information on it is not visible to others than the Task assignee. Therefore it makes sense to let it live on the object that is the "subject" of the Task and reference it with an alias from the Task.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Anton,

From some of the work I've done, I've come to find that an attribute is not available for selection in a table view unless it is also shown in the object's layouts (I believe having it in just 1 will do the trick, though it is probably best to show information consistently). So I would recommend to verify that first. From that, the attributes available to be displayed in any table view is also based upon the object types that are selected in the wizard (step 2); so ensure the correct object type that contains your desired attribute is also selected there. I'm sure you're probably aware of all of this, but I do know--from doing so myself--that it can be easy to let these things slip!

Good luck!

Hi Vanessa!

It's working with the object like WTDocument, WTPart and e.t.c. But it doesnt work with the Workitem objects. When you create the attribute for Workitem you can't specify the global type. You can use only Alias or Calculated types.

Anton,

I recently got this working with an alias attribute in Windchill 10.2 (M030) as described in http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=OrgAdminChp_BestPracticeDisplayAliasAttrOnMyTaskTable…

for exactly the

I tried adding the alias attribute to our system before upgrading from 10.1 - In there the attribute then was visible on the Task info page but wasn't available in the My Tasks table configuration before after upgrading to 10.2. So make sure you are on 10.2 - not not sure if it's in all MOR's.

I think the limitation with not being able to add attributes directly to the Task/workitem does make some sense.  Because this object is more less transient and information on it is not visible to others than the Task assignee. Therefore it makes sense to let it live on the object that is the "subject" of the Task and reference it with an alias from the Task.

Top Tags