cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to associate a part to a document

ptc-4767031
1-Newbie

How to associate a part to a document

My requirement is -

there is a soft attribute in my document creation page called drawing number.

This drawing number will take part number as input.

Then it will associate the part with the document.

I have been able to craete the link, the document is shown under Details Page of the Part under Related object tab->Described by Document where as my requirement is

the part should be shown in Document Details Page->Related Objects tab->Describes Parts

5 REPLIES 5

Hello

are you talking about CADDocument or Document ? I assume CAD cause you are talking about drawing ..

if yes, the link to use is epmdescribelink. And the 2 tables should show objects as you describe in your requirements. As it is the same link , which is navigated from both side ...

regards

KD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:GregoryPERASSO)

I think it's Document not CADDocument and soft attribute's name is drawing number

If you are creating the relationship from a part to a document it would either be an WTPartDescribelink if you are linking to the revision or WTPartReferencelink if you are linking to the master ( floating) reference.

I few days ago, I posted a similar question, see Owner-Content relationship for WTDocument - PTC Community. For CADdocuments, you have one owner link but multiple content links possible. We would like to implement a similar concept for the WTPartDescribLink.

We have an character string with a pick list at the UI that breaks the related document into how it is related. For example owning or reportable or non-reportable reference data. We use it on both the describes and reference by links.

Top Tags