cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to connect creo parametric with windchill deployed on a remote server

saood
4-Participant

How to connect creo parametric with windchill deployed on a remote server

Version: Windchill 13.0

Use Case: I have creo on my local device. I have windchill deployed on an AWS EC2 windows instance. I want to connect the creo on my device with the remote windchill server. How should i configure the network(if needed) to complete this connection. I am unable to find any documentation on this. Most resources only cover same device connection between creo and windchill

Description:

Version: Windchill 13.0

Use Case: I have creo on my local device. I have windchill deployed on an AWS EC2 windows instance. I want to connect the creo on my device with the remote windchill server. How should i configure the network(if needed) to complete this connection. I am unable to find any documentation on this. Most resources only cover same device connection between creo and windchill

Description:

Cannot find a solution to this online

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:saood)

Hi @saood 

You need to be in the same network, or you need to open connection between your local computer and server over the internet.

So if you are not in the same network you need some connection as a VPN or open the public connection to the server. 

Generally you need to be able to ping to the server from your computer where creo is installed. 

check following article

CS81708 - Which TCP/IP ports should be opened for Windchill PDMLink

PetrH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Are you familiar with the Manage Server menu in Creo? That is where you need to start:

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.0.2.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/CADxSrvrWspOviewServerRegistryAbout.html

and this link:

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.0.2.0/en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2Fsublandingpages%2FWWGM_Intro_help_CreoPara.html%23

for more information.

You should just need the hostname of the server to connect.

saood
4-Participant
(To:avillanueva)

Hi,

I am familiar with the server management menu, and it works as intended when i try to connect creo from the device that also has windchill running on it. 

What I need is to connect the creo on my device with a separate remote windchill server on an other device. Do you have any idea how I can accomplish this. Im assuming that I need to configure my connection so that my windchill URL is accessible to my creo device.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @saood 

You need to be in the same network, or you need to open connection between your local computer and server over the internet.

So if you are not in the same network you need some connection as a VPN or open the public connection to the server. 

Generally you need to be able to ping to the server from your computer where creo is installed. 

check following article

CS81708 - Which TCP/IP ports should be opened for Windchill PDMLink

PetrH

saood
4-Participant
(To:HelesicPetr)

Thank you! The ports were not configured on my machines. I can connect my creo and windchill now.

Announcements

Top Tags