cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to convert Windchill DS ldif file to Active Directory ldif file

TS_10220589
3-Visitor

How to convert Windchill DS ldif file to Active Directory ldif file

I've exported an ldif file from Windchill using the Windchill Directory Server Control Panel. My question is, how do I convert this ldif file into a format that I can import into Windows Active Directory? I figure I can use the ldifde command to import an ldif file into Active Directory but I'm unsure how to convert the exported ldif file from Windchill into a format that Active Directory will accept. Does anyone know how to do this?

1 REPLY 1

Can you provide a little background?  Why are you attempting to import windchill Directory Server (WDS) entries into Active Directory Server (ADS)?  I ask because this is not a typical request.

1. Most companies already have ADS populated with WDS equivalent user accounts.  They just need to map the WDS users to ADS users and PTC provides a tool for this.

2. ADS recommended practices do not structure the LDAP entries like WDS.

3. Windchill system administrators typically don't have write access to ADS.

You may be using...

• Azure Active Directory (AAD) - cloud environments
  • Active Directory Services (ADS) - in-house
  • Active Directory Lightweight Directory Server (AD LDS) formerly known as Active Directory Application Module (ADAM) - lab environments needing LDAP only
Top Tags