cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to create ACL Domain by Coding?

prathi
1-Newbie

How to create ACL Domain by Coding?

We have 568 products for which we need to create a Custom Product Level Domain (which also has to be associated to particular folder in each product) We are planning to load the rules for them using Loader files. But its not feasible to create 568 custom domains manually.  Is their any way to create it by coding?

5 REPLIES 5
BhushanNehe
14-Alexandrite
(To:prathi)

Hi Prasad,

Can you check if below article helps:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS72077

Regards,

Bhushan

Hi Bhushan,

Thank you for the link. I checked that article. This would be helpful for me to load the rules after the the Custom Domains are created. These loaders don't create a Domain. For eg :

Consider Product A. It has a Default Domain. I want to apply a rule for /Default/Design domain (Design is the custom domain for which i want to load the rules and associate it with a particular folder). So in Loader if I write rules for  <domainName>/Default/Design</domainName> without Design Domain's existence, it would throw error.

So firstly I ll have to create a Domain (Design) then associate it with Folder and the load the rules using these Loader files.

But with my present condition, i ll have to do this all manually. So i am looking for a code which would create these domains under all the products and also associate it with the desired folder.

prathi
1-Newbie

Hi Bhushan,

I read that article again, I guess Step 1 and 2 might help me. I ll try and let you know. The previous reply pertained to Step 3.

Thanks!!

Prasad

Hi Bhushan,

I tried the steps mentioned in the article. It has successfully created the domains. But only one domain at a time could be created. Like, I want to create Domains for all the product present in the organisation, but when i give its reference (<csvparentDomainPath>[/wt.inf.container.OrgContainer=Demo Organization/wt.pdmlink.PDMLinkProduct=GOLF_CART]/Default</csvparentDomainPath>) it throws error. So how to do it fro multiple products under same context?

BhushanNehe
14-Alexandrite

It seems you will have to pass the context related information from the command line. I was also checking the loader file and I found following API is getting called to create the domains but it is marked as Unsupported.

AdministrativeDomainHelper.manager.createDomain(parentDomainRef, domainName, description, containerRef);

Regards,

Bhushan

Top Tags