cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to create a custom Business rule

adev
1-Newbie

How to create a custom Business rule

Hello can anyone please help me how to create a custom business rule does any one have any sample example

4 REPLIES 4
JeffZemsky
17-Peridot
(To:adev)
kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:JeffZemsky)

I may be overlooking something dead simple and my apologies if this is the case, but I am not able to get my head around writing a custom Business Rule (class).  Most of the documentation seems to refer to OOTB Business Rules when describing how to implement something custom.  I'm assuming that when writing a new custom BR as an extension one would have to implement one or more Interfaces and/or override some Methods.

Where can I find an example or a sample of a custom Business Rule using supported and public API's? 

Keir,

I am having the same challenge.

Have you ever found out how to add new business rules?

kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:aacciano-2)

Hi Antonio,

No I never did find a "Business Rule" solution.  I created a "Validator" class and kept adding methods to it.  I started out with static methods invoked from the workflow via expression robots and ended up instantiating an instance of the "Validator" because much of the information returned by one method needed to be passed to another.  The "Validator" kept track of results in three booleans for info, warning and error and built up a message in a single string return for each of these.

Top Tags