cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to create a new view version if Revise Transition is not set

BjoernRueegg
17-Peridot

How to create a new view version if Revise Transition is not set

Hi

Is there any possibility to create a new view version of a WTPart where the "Revise Transition" is not defined?

If I use 

WTPart mPart = (WTPart) ViewHelper.service.newBranchForView(part, "Manufacturing");
mPart = (WTPart) PersistenceHelper.manager.store(mPart);

I will get the error, that no revise transition is not defined. The method ViewHelper.service.newBranchForView does not throw any exception. This is thrown when storing the new WTPart.

Caused by: (wt.lifecycle.lifecycleResource/223) wt.util.WTException: Revise transitions not defined for current version in life cycle template.

I don't wan't to set any "dummy" revise transition for only creating a new view. Did anybody find a workaround?

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately it looks like that there is no possibility to create a new View Version without having set a revise transition. 

A PTC support case didn't help me either.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @BjoernRueegg,

Can you give it a try:

ViewHelper.service.newBranchForView(seed, "Manufacturing");

Regards,

Shirish

My mistake. It is the same API. Smiley Sad

You might try PersistenceServerHelper instead of PersistenceHelper to persist the new part view version:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS96632

I have seen PersistenceServerHelper work in cases where PersistenceHelper threw an exception.

Thanks for your tipp, unfortunately that doesn't work also.

Unfortunately it looks like that there is no possibility to create a new View Version without having set a revise transition. 

A PTC support case didn't help me either.

Top Tags