cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to create a user list attribute?

Durbal.Andrew.H
8-Gravel

How to create a user list attribute?

Am currently developing a set of document types with customised layouts, attributes and workflows.

One of the requirements is for an input attribute to be able to select a user from the system when creating the document type.

Is this possible and can any ideas be put towards this?

5 REPLIES 5

<%@ taglib prefix="wctags" tagdir="/WEB-INF/tags" %>

<wctags:userPicker id="theUser" label="The User" />

Hi,

I have the same requirement as the person raised this question.

There is a document for which I want to define a soft attribute.

The attribute should contain the user name like the one "created by".

When someone wants to create or modify the document he should be able to select the correct user from a list of all users or from a specific group.

Is this possible? I saw this very cryptic proposal from Matthew and I wonder, if I can get more information about this.

Kind regards

Tom

Hi there,

Unfortunately there is no soft attribute in Windchill that can be used to pick a person for a role. Your best option for doing this comes from the document Workflow. In that workflow, immediately after the Start send a workflow task to the Creator with Set Up Participants configured so they can pick all the key people for that document. That should handle everything you need.

Daryl

Look at: CS230207

You have to do that entire thing for every single user?

And the last time I tried getting help for this from PTC their tech said it was completely impossible.

Oh well, good to know.

Announcements

Top Tags