cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to display Windchill System Parameters State and Revision in Inventor Drawing.

bkontham
11-Garnet

How to display Windchill System Parameters State and Revision in Inventor Drawing.

Hi All,

I have used PTC_WM_REVISION and PTC_WM_LIFECYCLE_STATE in Drawings but it is not working. It might be different from CREO.  Please let me know the procedure to display Windchill System Parameters State and Revision in Inventor Drawings.

Thanks,

Bhagirath

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pmooteri
12-Amethyst
(To:bkontham)

Hi Bhagirath,

Please follow steps below:

1.Open Autodesk Inventor Drawing & go to Title block

2. Select "Annotate>Text".

3. In Format Text Window, enter the display name, say "Revision" and select "Custom Properties - Drawing" , "PTC_WM_REVISION" & click on x-Add Text Parameter

4. You should be able to get it as shown below in Inventor Drawing sheet. Similarly, you can do it for other requirements.

Regards,

Pankaj Mooteri

Product Manager

T: +91 20 66283837   E: -
ptc.com               

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
pmooteri
12-Amethyst

Hi Bhagirath,

With a single statement problem from yourside, I have limited information on the issue you are facing with Autodesk Inventor Drawing.

Hope below information will be helpful, else, please get back with more details of the issue.

PTC_WM_REVISION and PTC_WM_LIFECYCLE_STATE are the Windchill Default System Attributes that are added to cad documents once they are managed in Windchill. There is no special procedure to get these attributes in the files.

For your reference, please go through page number 80 onwards from below document that provides the details of Windchill Default System Attributes and  configuration of Attributes & Parameters.

PTC Windchill Workgroup Manager for Autodesk Inventor Administrator's and User's Guide

Regards,

Pankaj Mooteri

Product Manager

ptc.com               

Hi Pankaj,

I have to display the drawing Revision and Lifecycle State in Title block of Inventor Drawing, For CREO we will use the following syntax.

&ptc_wm_revision:d - to display the Revision.

&ptc_wm_lifecycle_state:d - to display the State.

Should we use the same syntax in Inventor or Is there a different syntax to be followed in Inventor.

Thanks,

Bhagirath

pmooteri
12-Amethyst

Hi Bhagirath,

Please follow steps below:

1.Open Autodesk Inventor Drawing & go to Title block

2. Select "Annotate>Text".

3. In Format Text Window, enter the display name, say "Revision" and select "Custom Properties - Drawing" , "PTC_WM_REVISION" & click on x-Add Text Parameter

4. You should be able to get it as shown below in Inventor Drawing sheet. Similarly, you can do it for other requirements.

Regards,

Pankaj Mooteri

Product Manager

ptc.com               

Pankaj,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation.

Regards,

Bhagirath

The Value "PTC_VM_NUMBER” is getting displayed in Title Block with extension .dwg/.idw in inventor drawing. How to shed the extension and get only value to get displayed i.e only the number without extension.

Top Tags