cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to eliminate demo data in report generated through infoengine using Search-Objects webject.

abukane
1-Newbie

How to eliminate demo data in report generated through infoengine using Search-Objects webject.

Hi,

I am totally new for using infoengine, I want to generate reports from source machine and target machine and validate both to check whether they contain similar data or not.

This thing I want to use in Windchill Bulk migrator Post Validation. When I run following script demo data is being displayed i want to eliminate that and want to convert jsp page into html form so that i can do validation on both sided reports of source and target machines.

please help me out..

Thanks in advanced..

<%@ page language="java" session="false"%>

<%@ taglib uri="http://www.ptc.com/infoengine/taglib/core" prefix="ie"%>

<%@ taglib uri="http://www.ptc.com/infoengine/taglib/directory" prefix="dir"%>

<ie:webject name="Search-Objects" type="OBJ">

<ie:param name="INSTANCE" data="com.ptc.ptcnet.abukane2d.Windchill"/>

<ie:param name="authorization" data="$(@SERVER[] AUTHORIZATION[0])"/>

<ie:param name="type" data="wt.doc.WTDocument,wt.epm.EPMDocument,wt.part.WTPart" delim=","/>

<ie:param name="where" data="()"/>

<ie:param name="attribute" data="name,number,lifeCycleState" delim=","/>

<ie:param name="group_out" data="objectsSearched"/>

</ie:webject>

<ie:webject name="Display-Table" type="DSP"/>

2 REPLIES 2

Use filters to filter out the data which you need, either by  context, domain or by date. Use query webject first, use type as wt.inf.container.WTContainer, use where and filter by name. Followed by this use search objects webject against the data types you are using, pass on the container ref as obid from the query webject. Lookup PTC support, you may find similar ones.

There is an  example here Windchill\tasks\com\ptc\windchill\enterprise\reports\ContextItems.xml

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Medtronic - MITG

I am just curious why you are not using Report Manager (Query Builder), It is quite handy and I dont see a specific reason to use Info*Engine than QB. You can export QB reports to whatever formats you would like and it is easy to compare too.

Thanks

Binesh

Top Tags