cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to exclude Drawing Formats from collection on Promotion Request?

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

How to exclude Drawing Formats from collection on Promotion Request?

Simple thing but would be great to find a solution...

We have a very simple Windchill implementation to date.  Only use for CAD data, and only use Promotion Requests currently.

The default collection for Promotion Requests automatically collects the Drawing Format (Creo; n/a for SolidWorks).  It's a minor thing, but would like to find a way to exclude from collection.  Anyone have a way to do this?

thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Mike Lockwood wrote:

Simple thing but would be great to find a solution...

We have a very simple Windchill implementation to date.  Only use for CAD data, and only use Promotion Requests currently.

The default collection for Promotion Requests automatically collects the Drawing Format (Creo; n/a for SolidWorks).  It's a minor thing, but would like to find a way to exclude from collection.  Anyone have a way to do this?

thanks in advance.

Windchill 11.0 M010-cps02 - We do not get the Drawing Format with the following promotion request collector preferences:

promotion_request_collector_prefs.png

Thanks Randy.  We have the same preference settings - and don't get the Format on initial creation, but do on collection.  Same result here when checking "Apply default Collection" on first wizard page, or using "Collect" on the second one.  The Format I believe is considered one of the Required objects. I'm hoping there is something I'm missing on this though.

Mike Lockwood wrote:

Thanks Randy.  We have the same preference settings - and don't get the Format on initial creation, but do on collection.  Same result here when checking "Apply default Collection" on first wizard page, or using "Collect" on the second one.  The Format I believe is considered one of the Required objects. I'm hoping there is something I'm missing on this though.

We also get the format on Collection. I hadn't read your initial post closely enough...

Our most common practice is to have one "part number" per promotion request so by starting with the model we get exactly what we need in Step 2 "Select Promotion Objects" which is the model and the drawing. No wtparts yet however coming soon...

We have the same issue when collecting for a Change Request / Notice.   Sure would be nice to ignore the formats from being collected in the first place...

Found this post from back in 2014 with no solution either...   Not looking hopeful.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:mdebower)

Top Tags