cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to get the resulting access control rule?

AntonBagryanov
3-Visitor

How to get the resulting access control rule?

Hi to all!

Anybody know is it possible to get the resulting access control rule to the current action of current object in the current context? May be in Windchill there is any tool...

3 REPLIES 3

From the current object, select Actions --> Manage Security.

It will open a new window, where you can see the resulting access control to the current object in the current context.

You can select either "All Defined Access" or "My Access", or "Team Access" from the drop down list.

Also you can add participants for whom you want to see the resulting access control rule.

Click on 'i' symbol for a particular participant/role to know the access policy in detail.

Thanks, Sureshabu! I know about it. It's amazing but in this tool I have no any blocking rule for my action and for two days I could not create new revision for my object. But today this action is valid...

May be in windchill there is any command for immediately recalculation all rules?

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:AntonBagryanov)

Anton, it is possible to add a &jcaDebug=1 to the end of a URL. This will display all the possible actions, including those that have been disabled. It will also tell you what is causing the action to be unavailable (e.g. Due to a validator, configure actions for roles/profile, etc.). Generally, though, ACLs should be immediately recalculated when they are created or updated.

Top Tags