cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to grant 're-assign workflow tasks' access to users other than Product Manager

iwebb
2-Guest

How to grant 're-assign workflow tasks' access to users other than Product Manager

I would like to give certainusers the abilityto re-assign workflow tasks within their Product.

I can do this by adding them to Product Manager role, however that gives then 'set state' (& others) access, which is a hard coded privelege, that cannot be denied, I do not want to do this.

Ideally I would prefer to set up a new role with this access.

6 REPLIES 6
bellj
1-Newbie
(To:iwebb)

Grant the 'Administrative' permission in the Policy Manager.
Note that it grants the following:

* Set the lifecycle state of an object to any state

* Reassign an object's lifecycle

* Checkin / undo checkout of another user's object

* Change ownership of an object owned by another user

* Break another user's lock

* Enable or disable a template

* Add a user to a lifecycle role

joe bell
CM Application Administrator

iwebb
2-Guest

Thank You Joe

However I do not want to grant most of those privileges, only the ability to re-assign workflow tasks.

bellj
1-Newbie

Me too but I don't know any way to do it.

joe bell

LiuLiang
4-Participant

We had similar request (in 9.1) to PTC support months ago and here's what we have been told :

OOTB it is not possible to allow non-Product/Library Manager user to reassign the tasks. The permission for Reassign task/ Work item is hardcoded. This action is only allowed for owners, PMs/LMs and Admins. There is no way to achieve this from Policy Administrator.

Liu

In Reply to joe bell:

Me too but I don't know any way to do it.

joe bell

It's a bit a work around and requires changes to your workflow templates but you can do the following:

In the workflow, generate a parallel "non-required" work assignment, call it something like {WF admin task}, and send it to a role which is responsible for potential reassignment or other process admin tasks. This task can be used to change the workflow team instance membership on the fly, forcibly terminate or supersede certain work items.

You may need to programmatically terminate this admin task before the process is fully complete, if at some point in the process it ceases to be relevant. Just fire a connection to it of type 'terminate' within the workflow.

Darren

iwebb
2-Guest

I have raised this as an Enhancement (aka 'Product Idea') on the PTC Community website.

It is entitled 'Add an ACL to allow a team role to re-assign assignments'.

Please vote for it !!

Top Tags