cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to handle manufacturer information

mspencer
5-Regular Member

How to handle manufacturer information

We have a desire to track the manufacturer and manufacturers part number for our 3rd party 'buy' items. I am curious to hear if others would be willing to share how they are documenting and tracking this data. Ideally we would be able to look up a certain vendor and see how many parts we are buying from them, what those part numbers are (internally), and what the associate vendor part numbers are for each item.

My idea is to create a new 'Vendor' type object which would hold the vendors details (Name, Address, website, etc). Then for 'buy' items we will add a 'Manufacturer' tab where the user will specify/add the 'Vendor' (created seperately or already existing), and be able to type in the vendor/manufacturers part number. If the user would go to the 'Vendor' item...they can see the related internal part numbers and the vendor/manufacturer part numbers.

I'm not sure I know how to actually implement this, but it would be a nice feature to have. We are on 10.0 M030.

Thanks for your help,

Max

1 REPLY 1

Hi Max

Have you looked at the Supplier Management Module? The module is designed to provide exact same functional use cases that you list below. You may want to get in touch with someone in PTC sales to schedule time to learn more about this module.

See link on PTC.com to download datasheet to get overview and additional information

http://www.ptc.com/product/windchill/supplier-management

Regards,

Divi Lohiya

Top Tags