cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to import cad files in Windchill

Luar
1-Newbie

How to import cad files in Windchill

Hi,

Can somebody teach me how do I import .prt, .asm, .dwg, etc. files directly from windchill? I just tried to import .asm and .prt file thru creo. What I want to know is I want to directly upload my files using windchill.

Thank you in advance.

Luar

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

sadly this is not available OOTB for EPMDocs. You would need to use a third party app such as the one available from Fishbowl solutions. However it should be noted that this actually imports through Creo, just gives you more control up-front in detecting any possible issues with the data before you do the import.

Cheers

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Luar)

Just to clarify something here, you can bulk import to Windchill but doing so uses a running Creo session. You have to access the workspace from the Creo embedded browser. You don't have to physically open every file in Creo and then manually save it to a workspace, but you do have to have a running session of Creo for the workspace to use. Make sense?

5.PNG

Luar
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

Hi all,

So if I upload it directly to windchill it will be treat as a document? I upload .dwg drawing directly to windchill and I get this. it considered it as a document file.

2.jpg

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Luar)

Correct. The only way to create a CAD document (EPMDocument) is with a workgroup manager for that specific CAD type. Creo files can only be created and loaded into the system from Creo, Solidworks files from solidworks, etc.

I don't believe there is a workgroup manager for DWG. Instead it is treated as any other export data (PDF, IGES, DXF, etc.) and will be stored as a standard document.

Top Tags