cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to installed Windchill 10.2 M030 on Oracle 12c?

hmungekar
1-Newbie

How to installed Windchill 10.2 M030 on Oracle 12c?

Hi Experts,

I am trying to install windchill on oracle server 12c. But the installation fails giving "Connection to the database failed or OCU failed to execute the query". I am using monolithic architecture  ie all on one system(Windchill and database server). I am not able to resolve this issue. If some one has installed windchill oracle plz help me to find the issue.I am attaching the OCU as well as PSI logs. Guys please help me.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It looks like the network adapter is not honoring the connection string. Are you using a static IP address?  Did the IP address change after you installed Oracle before OCU was run? It looks like the dbca was run successfully, so you should be able to connect through system/password through SQL Plus. Did you try this?

sqlplus system/password@rishi-pc.acme.com:1521/wind

Thanks

Binesh

Barry Wehmiller International

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

It looks like the network adapter is not honoring the connection string. Are you using a static IP address?  Did the IP address change after you installed Oracle before OCU was run? It looks like the dbca was run successfully, so you should be able to connect through system/password through SQL Plus. Did you try this?

sqlplus system/password@rishi-pc.acme.com:1521/wind

Thanks

Binesh

Barry Wehmiller International

Hi Binesh,

You were right. The problem was the static IP.Now I configured static IP address and installation was completed successfully.

Thank You Very Much.

Top Tags