cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to manage mBOM in PDMLink and MPMLink?

ptc-679264
1-Newbie

How to manage mBOM in PDMLink and MPMLink?

The Engineering BOM stays in the PDMLink until a new Manufacturing view of the part is created using features of MPMLink. mBOM has its own team, approvers, change admins etc. We want the eBOM to stay in PDMLink while the mBOM which is the same part number with a manufacturing view to exist in a Library. This will help us better manage the eBOM and mBOM at two different locations. The problem is PDMLink does not allow this to happen, we cannot simply move manufacturing view of a part to a library, it moves the design version as well. Many users have suggested the creation of manufacturing folder instead of library in the product container itself, but this will create too many problems in terms of managing the access at folder level and will also blow up the product container team.

It will relly help if someone can suggest a workaround? or is PTC planning to provide a way we can move the manufacturing view to different containers without moving the design view of the same part. I am sure many must be facing a similar issue?

3 REPLIES 3

Hello

today we manage that case (Engineering BOM and Manufcaturing BOM views) in the same product container, and 2 different subfolders ...

Not sure that is more complicated than use a separate Library.

Anyway. in 10.0 the move function, as you say, move the 2 views of the WTPart.

But there's a workaroud. use "cut/paste" in folders. It will move only the view that you cut/paste ... But not sure that OOTB you will be able to cut/paste between a Product and a Library ...

In 10.1 M040 , I saw in the release notes that there's a enhancement of the "move" function. We will be able to choose if we move all versions (ie all views) or a particular version of the WTPart

regards

Gregory

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for your answer. I will confirm this with PTC support and will post the findings here.

regards

Satya

have a look to one of my previous post

http://communities.ptc.com/message/194990#194990

regards

Top Tags