cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to modify subject of activity task in workflow.

Pushpak_Old
9-Granite

How to modify subject of activity task in workflow.

I want to change the subject Line of email notification which is triggered by the activity. How we can do it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Pushpak_Old 

So generally if you try to define more strings together it does not work 

If you use only your custom method it works?

Or it does not work with your custom method.

My experience is that the easiest way is to build the subject information in workflow task variable and then read it in the html template definition.  

It worked for me. I did not find any other way how to do that. 

Actually there is other option.  Build own method to send own email notification.

PetrH

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Take a look at this article:
https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS151717

Hi @Pushpak_Old 

I you do not want to change name the task I would suggest to modify Notification HTML pages by changing NotificationRobot_<language>.html in  

<WT_HOME>\codebase\templates\workNotification

A Windchill help  describes explanation what is in the files. And also there is description how to add a subject to email. 

Cust_WorkflowAdmin_EmailNotif

Article describes how to change a Email subject same as in help.

cs361163

btw the getProcessVariable varName="< Variable Name >" is very useful to retrieve information from workflow parameter. 

Hope this can help.

PetrH

Hi @HelesicPetr ,

Thanks for your response !!!!!!!

The way you suggested it is correct but how we can call our own custom method inside the subject?

Do you know the way actually I created one method and I gave the path but it is not going inside that method.

Hi @Pushpak_Old 

it is tricky :D.

You can not call your method from html template, or I never call own method inside the html template definition (to much effort :D) 

You need to call the method inside a workflow, save a value to a workflow variable and then use getProcessVariable in the html  template definition

Hope this can help

PetrH

Hi @HelesicPetr ,

Actually I added subject of the mail from Html body using below command-

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=Windchill>processSubTemplate ACTION=GetProjectName ACTION_CLASS=ext.xyz.utils.IFXTaskNotifTemplateProcessor</SCRIPT>

Here GetProjectName is other HTML Page and in that one I gave-

<SCRIPT language=Windchill> <!-- getProjectName --> </SCRIPT>

So it is working for body of the mail but when I am trying in between subject tag is not working.

is there any other way we can do it?

@Pushpak_Old 

what are you trying? 

You want to concatenate more strings together in the subject?

PetrH

@HelesicPetr    yes i want activityName + Task Name(Complete/correct) + Project Name(Which is attached to respective CN)

So first aactivity name and Task name I got from OOTB Method but for project Name I have to use own code so because of that I need it?

@Pushpak_Old 

So generally if you try to define more strings together it does not work 

If you use only your custom method it works?

Or it does not work with your custom method.

My experience is that the easiest way is to build the subject information in workflow task variable and then read it in the html template definition.  

It worked for me. I did not find any other way how to do that. 

Actually there is other option.  Build own method to send own email notification.

PetrH

Top Tags