cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to reload class files in MS without restarting?

SelvamP1
1-Newbie

How to reload class files in MS without restarting?

I would like to reload all the classfiles without restarting method server each time. How to achieve that? any ideas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:SelvamP1)

These types of questions get asked from time to time.  But I think Chris Spartz‌‌ has a good response here: Re: compiling java file in windchill shell won't take effect.

The answer to your question is that it is not possible.  But perhaps if you have your system set up with Eclipse, Shreyas Atre‌ has a suggestion a little higher for your test or dev site.  Re: compiling java file in windchill shell won't take effect

(Note both of these hyperlinks go to the same discussion, but 2 different postings in the discussion.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:SelvamP1)

These types of questions get asked from time to time.  But I think Chris Spartz‌‌ has a good response here: Re: compiling java file in windchill shell won't take effect.

The answer to your question is that it is not possible.  But perhaps if you have your system set up with Eclipse, Shreyas Atre‌ has a suggestion a little higher for your test or dev site.  Re: compiling java file in windchill shell won't take effect

(Note both of these hyperlinks go to the same discussion, but 2 different postings in the discussion.)

There are great posts, but I was just curious to know if anyone has any tool. Anyway I will do research on this and come up with something handy.

My experience is: You can do it sometimes depending on the changes of the class.

If you are using Netbeans (haven't tested on Eclipse yet) and connect to Windchill in Debug Mode you can force a class reload without restarting Windchill MS. This action is called "Apply Code Changes" and can be found inside the debug menu of Netbeans.

To enable debug capability on Windchill you have to reduce the number of MS servers incl. BMS to just one server in total and add some debug args as followed.

<Property name="wt.queue.executeQueues" overridable="true"

targetFile="codebase/wt.properties"

value="true"/>

<Property name="wt.manager.monitor.services" overridable="true"

value="MethodServer"/>

<Property name="wt.manager.cmd.MethodServer.debug.args" overridable="true"

value="-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,address=8001,suspend=n"/>

When you have done this and have restarted Windchill you are able to connect Netbeans to Windchill by running "Attach Debugger" from inside Netbeans.

PS: First set the project to debug as "Main project": RMB on the project and "Set As Main Project". It should appear in bold now.

2015-10-13 12_04_45-com.geniustools.wta.releaseInformation.WT10.2 - NetBeans IDE 8.0.2.png

Add the following information.

2015-10-13 12_03_15-com.geniustools.wta.releaseInformation.WT10.2 - NetBeans IDE 8.0.2.png

2015-10-13 12_11_00-com.geniustools.wta.releaseInformation.WT10.2 - NetBeans IDE 8.0.2.png

Now you can debug your code by setting break points aso.. If you are going to change some code lines just save it and run "Apply Code Changes":

2015-10-13 12_12_36-com.geniustools.wta.releaseInformation.WT10.2 - NetBeans IDE 8.0.2.png

Top Tags