cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to restart Windchill WorkGroup Manager

Siddharth_Jhs
14-Alexandrite

How to restart Windchill WorkGroup Manager

Hello Community,

I have recently installed Work Group Manager on my VM and following this article "https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs191181" to use chrome browser instead of internet explorer. 

But I am not able to find location to restart WGM. Could anyone among you please help. 

Regards,

Sid

2 REPLIES 2

Workgroup manager should have a shortcut on your desktop. If it wasn't running when you made the change to wgmclient.ini, it would take affect the next time you launch it. If the workgroup manager client is open (it would be a window that looks like the workspace portion of Creo), then you close that and open it back up. If you already have the WGM client tied to an application( Solidworks, NX, Mathcad etc) save any work in the application, close the application and then close the workgroup manager client. Opening the software should open the WGM client automatically.

If you are not seeing desktop shortcut or WGM executable in windows search, you can still launch it by going to the path:
<Installation_path>\wgm\x86e_win64\obj and execute the file uwgm_client.exe. It will open the workgroup manager.

Also you can execute file: "<Installation_path>\wgm\bin\uwgm_client.js" to launch WGM

Top Tags