cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to restrict log file size in 10.2 pdmlink

ManojC
1-Newbie

How to restrict log file size in 10.2 pdmlink

Hi ..

I have windchill pdmlink 10.2 m010 installed. it looks like this version has only one log file i.e. log4j copared to erlier versiosn.

in earlier version we used to have three 2 excluding GC file for each MS. i.e. MS.log and log4j

I used same manage file property in 10.2 to restrict the file size to 9mb but did not worked

so is there any other property for 10.2 .. let me know how to restrict the file size in 10.2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisSpartz
12-Amethyst
(To:ManojC)

The MS.log and log4j files were unified into a single log file at some point in 10.1, I believe. Since then, 9MB has been the default log file size, and the logs will roll over automatically when they reach that size (they also automatically rollover at 12:00 AM every day). If you want to change the default file size, you can do that in the log4jMethodServer.properties file located in <Windchill>/codebase/WEB-INF. You can change the default by setting one of the below properties to the max size you want your log files to be:

log4j.appender.methodServerLogFile.MaximumFileSizeInBytes

log4j.appender.methodServerLogFile.MaximumFileSizeInMB

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisSpartz
12-Amethyst
(To:ManojC)

The MS.log and log4j files were unified into a single log file at some point in 10.1, I believe. Since then, 9MB has been the default log file size, and the logs will roll over automatically when they reach that size (they also automatically rollover at 12:00 AM every day). If you want to change the default file size, you can do that in the log4jMethodServer.properties file located in <Windchill>/codebase/WEB-INF. You can change the default by setting one of the below properties to the max size you want your log files to be:

log4j.appender.methodServerLogFile.MaximumFileSizeInBytes

log4j.appender.methodServerLogFile.MaximumFileSizeInMB

Thanks a lot.

Top Tags